Euphoria

Euphoria
Illustration (CS6)
May 2018

What did you wanna do?
Before you met me?
Before I met you?
Did your bones shake?
Did the rattle snake
High with fangs
Jiggle his belly in the air?
As a beast.
As man.

Was it a mistake?
Was it something that
kept you awake
At night?
Dreaming desperately to delete
A memory
And replace it
With one thing
You could
Fight for.

Did you somehow happen to
Hate who you’d become?
Was it no longer fun?
Did you feel
A little lost?
A little strange?

Did the fringe of your vest
Constrict snuggly
against your chest
A cold compress
Allowing blood flow
Through droves of veins
Left untouched?

You won’t be alone again,
I’ve got my hands
clasped fast around your heart
Like fireflies glowing in the dark.
Baby, I got you.
Baby, this is just the start.

Imagine this setting:
A Cake as Your Heart

Evenly curving the mirror glaze
Uniformly blending the colors we’ve made
Pulling parchment paper,
Honey, so sweet and so thick
Over an arrangement of berries for a
Rose water vanilla layered cake
Iridescently.
All so heavenly, for a slice of cake.

And lettering is like
Lips lip-locking
Over forks and
tongues to knives
To press tongue tips
To frosting that
has yet to be chipped.

It’ll shine
Like a galaxy
Starlight and glitter
Something alien
But sparking
Like Pop Rocks
To tastebuds
After Cola Cola sips drip.

And if I could count
the things
I could personify
your love as
I might be well out of numbers.

Building collections
of my own
Out of sets
of stones,
Different shapes and tones,
Intentions
And lessons
When one has
deafened themselves
From the world
for a little while.

Your love
personified
As rhyme
The way it makes me sing.
Your lungs inhale like
The way you play your drum.
Your love to me is music
A rhythmic medicine
for the mind.
Spelling it from
your fingertips
The way it
means to unwind.

I shall compare thee
To a summer’s day
As rain water
Pitter-patters in May
The budding sprouts
Shift to bloom.
My heart for you
Has flooded.
Poetic lines
Have immortalized you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram