The Traveler



I moved these fur-covered legs from
The snow for a moment and into the desert sands.
Stripped away my boots and clothes. 

Revealed the purity in me that had been left Unspoiled 
Untainted 
Untouched. 

Not saying you are entirely worthy per say,
But expressing that you were delivered a glimpse at gold. 

Gold skin I have,
Removing shells give way to shimmering 
Glittering
Glistening
Glimmering rows of yellow satin. 

I walked for miles until I reached you. 

You, from a distance:
Standing beach-bathed in the sunlight. 
Glowing like you do. 
As the rays gently engulf you 
And expand on the oceans of your soul and the hurricane winds calm for a second. 
Just long enough for me to step forward.

Again, I molt at the sight of you. 
My eyes focus. 
Arms relax. 
Legs press on. 
I stepped away from mounds of cocoon
To approach you. 
To press fingertips together like I had been an alien transplanted onto your solid ground.

Your islands were moist with soil and lush with garden. 
But you have yet to see that. 
You sit blindly underneath a coconut tree and wonder why your head aches. 
I laugh at you awfully and pull you up,
But only because you let me. 
I watch you weave in and out of your motions of pain. 
I watch you contemplate. 
I watch your colors change. 

Compassion.
Confession.
Completeness. 

That's what I've started to feel. 

My stomach flutters at the thought of you. 
Little wings bang cryptically on smaller windows 
Of time once blacked out on a ticking watch that is the time bomb to my beating heart.




Featured in Megazine Official

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram