Fried


I'm so tired. 
I'm tired of writing poetry about you. 
Poetry that confuses you
And uses me 
Like needle-fine thread that breaks through the crude of me 
Like ribbon-type vines that climb up walls 
And crawl like little pink paws. 

Baby, you're so pretty when your time isn't wrapped up in someone that is unimportant. 
Cause I like you 
Like you like bacon
sweet
Sizzly
Meaty in your mouth. 

Gurl,
You've got this tender thing to you. 
I want to cook you up like truffle oil in my eggs. 
I want to make you a part of my breakfast, 
The thing that gives my legs a reason to walk in the morning. 

I don't like wasting time though 
Don't see why you're wasting yours. 
So I won't waste another minute trying to vie for your attention. 
Like a lime in a corona 
I'd add some fizzle to your life. 
Not my fault that you're in your own world. 
Got your own gals and girls. 
Never on your mind, but that's too bad. 
Cause you're steady on mine. 
Kind of makes me sad. 
Annoyed at most. 
Reasons that make me want to stop being the host
On the broadway drama 
That's causing trains to jump train tracks 
In my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram