Bronzed



I'm really not as strong as I say I am. 
Imagine,
Every day there is a battle held in your heart and mind. 
Logically - 
You are given your options. 
Naturally - 
You request yourself to walk away. 
As common of a request, it is often ignored. 
But then your heart, 
It feels 
Lighter,
Aerated,
Relieved. 
As if the hearts are reaching out so loudly and strongly.
The one cries, "to be loved!"
And although he is near, 
The fear is alive and well. 
Well hidden and preserved-
Anxiety ridden. 

Imagine,
The grief. 
The heartache. 
The pain. 
Remember how agonizing it was the first time. 
Every. Single. Moment. 
A moment erased. 
A moment purged. 
Tirelessly and endlessly. 
Effortlessly. 
Leaving room for endless growth and opportunity. 

I'm not as strong as I say I am. 
I am fearful. 
I am saddened. 
I am alone. 
I'm so exhausted. 

But,
Hopeless,
Lonely,
Timid, Crab. 

You are persistent and heartless, but heart-full and genuine and charming and love. 
Love. 
Love. 
Always love. 
Pure. 
Gratifying. 
Inviting. 
Relentless. 



He is stern and focused
And refuses to budge. 
Like bronze,
Like fierce,
Like still. 
Unmoving. 
And dark and dangerous. 
Hooves striking grass. 
Mind games. 
Quick. 
Wise. 
Standing his ground. 

Could love melt what has been frozen?
Could it make room for groves of dandelions and sunflowers?
Could love melt and thaw 
Icebergs?
Mountains?
Valleys?

All in darkness. 

Saplings sprout from below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram