Forbidden Knowledge


One day
I'm going to take this city by storm. 
I'm going to talk about the things that matter. 
Because 
I don't want to be like you. 
I don't want to have to use my skin and my imperfections as a way to get #goals or #popularity. 

I got lucky though. 
Got this finesse.
Got this passion.
Got this ambition. 
Shit you say you got, but fall short of. 
You know,  Baby? Sweetheart? Sugar? Sort of?

But you know what I really have?
I have this support system. 
Helps me conquer this neurological disorder. 
Helps me balance the good and the bad. 
Cause they're good people and I thank them every day. 
Wake up with the willpower to stay another day. 
See myself in the mirror and have the strength to be okay. 
Cause I know they love me. 
And I know they need me. 
Just like I need them. 

Forbidden knowledge. 
Something we all learn to cope with. 
Knowing that tomorrow may not come
And I'm okay with that. 
Today I said hello to someone. 
Today I sat down and thought about my place in it all. 

Thinking bout all those people that take a second. 
The ones that bless me with their positivity. 

They're saints. 
I'm a sinner in this bitch. 
And I'm watching you fake it till you make it. 

Cause I don't wanna be like you. 
I don't want this frozen
Plastered look on my face,
No disrespect, but have some fucking grace. 
Stop polluting with shitty politics and find that girl you thought you lost. 
Cause every influence your breath that way toss'd 
Creates a thousand ripples in youthful waters. 
Careful what you wish for
Cause I'm only wishing good on you. 

I don't wanna be like you. 
Don't wanna wrap my legs up in bamboo 
And act like I'm frontin' too. 

Don't got time for that petty shit 
Cause I'm on to better shit. 

I got people who see me. 
I got people who know my worth. 
Cause even to this day I still don't see it. 
Brain's telling me one thing but my heart another. 

I doubt myself every day but I get up and bust it. 
Blow the brains off the people cause I'm far from rustic. 
And my skin ain't a tangled mess like it used to be. 
Shit's been solid cause it's how it's supposed to be. 

You lost me a long time ago 
And I think you know that. 
You're so worried about what people think right? 
You should be worried about the people who used to care. 

One man's trash is another man's treasure. 
I won't cause you havoc. 
Won't start a fire 
Cause I'm not afraid of you. 
I'm colder than I ought to be 
Not cause I want to be. 

Forbidden knowledge. 
Ain't what it used to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram