Blossom



Let me take a minute.
Let me collect myself.
I wrote this thing for you.
Put the metal to the petals and the paper to the pen
Danced a riddle ‘round ya eyebrows
Toss’d my thoughts in the trashcan
Took ‘em back out
Scribbled on the black and white and turned ‘em to color.

I wrote this thing for you,
Got flowers on my crown
Cause Baby, I’m not pushing daisies as we walk a little lazily amongst the dandelions,
Watching your skin as it blends in the afterglow.

Observing you like a painting hung on some drywall
Sketching it out in my head
Like my French girls,
Not gonna give you pearls, no diamonds,
Not this girl,
Gonna give you something better.

Cause I know better,
It’s not a material thing
Won’t let the curtains close,
Not bowing down to anyone.

Sleeves expanding,
More pink ribbon,
More black ink,
Running down my arms like train tracks
Wrapping ‘round my body from my head to my toes.

Not just for you, Baby.
For the world,
‘cause you’re not the only thing I wanna give my love to.
If I give love to the world, 
I can only give you something greater.

Not getting caught in a web,
Putting my legs into it
Grabbing as much as I can,
Stretching
Getting that tan,
After hours of working in the temple of my mind.

I wanna see you blossom,
Wanna see you bloom,
Placed a little piece of you in that garden up above,
But don’t tell nobody.
I swear, it’s not love.

Sanctuary.
A little place that’s in outer space,
Take this ride with me ‘cause I’ll let you in for a little while,
As we file this away for the summer time.

Taking a breath as we roll through
Looking for a cloud in the sky that we can stroll to
Taking rainbows over mountains
Climbing walls,
And skippin’ fountains.

Inspiration is endless,
While I absorb that jinglin’ you play in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram