1



Hey,
This is short notice,
But I ought to be going.
I ought to be running on my way,
taking airplanes and trains,
and traveling down alleyways,
into the depths of the sun.

I think I’m getting better at expressing myself.
I feel okay when I’m silly around you now.
I feel even better when I’m laughing.
You don’t have to try too hard to do that though.

I’m glad I met you.
It’s a relief being able to say what’s on my mind.
It's ‘cause you’re pretty down to earth.

You’ve got this slick thing about you,
This charm,
sensuality,
friendliness.

Hey,
This is off topic,
But I wanted to say I like your smile.
I like that curl on the sides of your lips,
I like that joyous look in your eyes
When I start laughing.

And I know this is entirely off topic,
And I’ll splice up our conversation
Over an omelet and some well-done home fries.
But, I admire you.

I’m gonna leave a token of my appreciation in your inbox.
My words are my actions,
But my actions also speak loudly.

Did you mean that? When you said that thing the other day at that place a number of hours ago?

I felt very at home telling you hidden stories,
staring at the city's version of stars,
internally freezing after each bite of gelato. 

I feel vulnerable when I speak to you.
Like you can see through me.
Like I’m plastic that’s been ruffled,
but not too much, for visibility. 

Um…Hey,
I...know I can get a little awkward,
I’m kinda fucked in the head.
I have this paranoia that people are gonna run away from me, being me. 
I have a constant fear that I’ll never be good enough.
For what?
Anything really. 

Hey!
I really appreciate you listening to me babble!
I get really excited
For like no reason,
Like whatsoever.

You’re really fun to talk to,
Even though I do most of the talking.
I'm a little crazy. 
But you're pretty weird too,

I enjoy talking to you.

So as long as you've got time on your hands,
I'm gonna keep feeding off of the inspiration that you give me. 

Hey,
Text me when you get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram