A Poem About All the "Yous"



All the "Yous"
You know who you are.

Those who could be around but can't or chose not to be.
Those of you who regret it.
Those of you who are better off or believe you are.
Those of you who are trucking on.

I started writing a poem about you and then I realized
You were no good from the get-go.

I don't write poems on paper
because I might lose them
before that sour flavor
from that Now and Later
Kicks in

Blisters on my feet from walking
miles outside my own body

Just to find

Me, me, I, myself
my one true love.

For now, I'll stay on my own-

This asexual Sugar Pie
that I've found is enough eyecandy for the three of Us

Holes
Mounds.

I'll be content for a little while longer
just Longing for someone

To build a new Chapter with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram